Contact & Feedback
I am very interested in hearing any feedback you may have on SharpChess:
- Enhancement ideas.
- Savegame files of any games you have played.
Please contact me (Peter Hughes) at email@example.com
If you wish to report a bug, then please try to include the following useful information:
- The version of SharpChess you're using. You can find this by clicking the Help menu, then choosing the About option.
- The version of Microsoft Windows(tm) you're using SharpChess on. i.e. 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 etc...
- Copy and paste the bug error information. If you click the "Detail" button when an error box appears, you see some further detail about the error that occured. This is extremely useful information to help me fix errors. Copy the entire text, and paste it here, or in an email to me.
- Tell me what the last button you pressed, or action(s) you performed, was just before the error occured. Even better, if you can get it to happen more than once, then tell me the sequence of actions needed to reproduce the bug. This gives me some idea of how to re-create the error, so that I can then reproduce it myself, and then start to investigate it more quickly. There's nothing worse than getting an error report that says "It just crashed. Please fix!"
- A picture says a thousand words. Get a screenshot of the error, by pressing the "Print Scrn" key, and send it me in an email.
- Every time a move is played, SharpChess makes a backup of the current game named BackupGame.sharpchess, in the same directory as SharpChess2.exe. Please email me this, as it could contain useful information about the cause of the error.
If you follow these guidelines, then I should be able to fix the bug for you, much faster.